Antwerp has loads of fun on the menu this summer. In this newsletter, we have collected highlights, news and tips. Would you like to know more about a particular subject, are you looking for visual material or are you planning a trip to Antwerp? Please don’t hesitate to get in touch!
The Giants are coming again!
From 25 to 27 August, the Giants of Royal de Luxe will return to Antwerp with a new presentation. The Bull Machin and his company will take to the streets for three days. What exactly is going to happen remains a closely guarded secret. But it will definitely be a huge spectacle, which young and old will enjoy, totally free of charge.
Sultry evenings, bare legs, fresh pints and tropical cocktails. Get an instant holiday feeling at one of the many summer bars that are popping up all over town. Just feel like socialising with your friends or dancing to summer beats? Discover the best addresses here.
A well-stocked festival summer
Summer is here and with it the start of the festivals. All summer long you can come to Antwerp to enjoy live music, with your best friends in a wonderful holiday atmosphere. From major festivals where you can let your dance legs go crazy, to intimate classical concerts. There is definitely something for everyone.
Instroom Academy and young artistic talent takes over the Rubens House
Rubens is not at home this summer. And if the cat’s away... then a band of young artists will take over. Inspiration in abundance for summer programming in the empty museum rooms. Exceptionally, the musical and verbal talent of today and tomorrow provides the atmosphere in the baroque halls of the Rubens House, and the pots will be stirred by Seppe Nobels.
Picnic in the city
Fancy a summer picnic in the middle of the city? There are plenty of cosy places where you can settle down: by the water, at an altitude, in one of the parks or a hidden oasis. Discover here where you can spread out your picnic blanket.
Camping with fantastic views
You might well experience the ultimate holiday feeling at the campsite. And that is also possible in Antwerp. At the City Camping Antwerp on the left bank, you can set up your own tent or rent accommodation. The beautiful view of the Scheldt and the city is free of charge.
Would you rather sleep in a more sheltered manner in a nice B&B or hotel? Visit weloveantwerp.be to discover the best addresses for an unforgettable stay in the city!
- until 13.08.2023: Man Ray and Fashion use the MoMu to highlight Man Ray’s oeuvre from a fashion perspective.
- 23-25.06.2023: during the Beer passion weekend you can discover some 200 Belgian beers.
- 09-13.08.2023: Antwerp Pride colours the city for 5 days with various parties, sporting events, exhibitions and cultural activities.
- 30.09-08.10.2023: the world's best gymnasts compete at the Gymnastics World Championships in Antwerp's Sportpaleis.
- 20.10.2023-21.01.2024: KMSKA lets you look at Turning Heads in portraits.
- 22.10.2023: Antwerp Marathon is an atmospheric marathon with a special route through the city.
- 31.10.2023-25.02.2024: the exhibition Rare and Indispensable at the MAS showcases 100 masterpieces from Flemish collections.
- 17.11.2023-18.02.2024: the Museum Plantin-Moretus is putting on display 85 old drawings from Flemish collections in the exhibition From scribble to cartoon.
Find out what's coming up this year in this handy overview .
Would you like to know more about a particular subject, are you looking for visual material or are you planning a trip to Antwerp? Please don’t hesitate to get in touch!